IEEE Women in Engineering International Scholarship
The IEEE Women in Engineering International Scholarship was established thanks to the support of donations to the IEEE Foundation Women in Engineering Fund from IEEE Women in Engineering members and others. Eligible candidates must be female IEEE WIE Student Members who have completed two years of undergraduate study in an engineering curriculum at an accredited university or college by the main local accreditation body.
- Application Submission Begins: 8 September 2022
- Submission Deadline: 8 November 2022
One award annually
- Female IEEE Women in Engineering Student Member in good standing
- Full-time undergraduate student who has completed two (2) years of undergraduate study in an engineering curriculum at an accredited university or college.
- Applicant may apply multiple times, but can only be awarded the scholarship one time.
Basis of Selection:
- Two essays: (1) 1,000 words on why the applicant wants to go into the engineering profession, and (2) 500 words on why the applicant should receive the Scholarship
- Evidence of at least a 3.7-grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent in their local grade system)
- Two letters of recommendation: (1) from an academic reference, such as a professor or department chair, and (2) from a personal reference who knows the applicant well and can comment on her character
The scholarship recipient(s) will be recommended by the IEEE WIE Outreach Subcommittee and approved by the IEEE WIE Committee.
The monetary prize shall be a one-time check in the amount of US$2,500
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.