Login to Complete a nomination form or to Access Judging Panel
IEEE Frances B. Hugle Scholarship
The IEEE Frances B. Hugle Scholarship was established to honor the memory of Frances B. Hugle, her many significant engineering accomplishments, and to help provide the resources for female engineers to follow in her footsteps. The scholarship is presented to up to two female IEEE Student Members who have completed two years of undergraduate study in an engineering curriculum at an ABET-accredited university or college within the United States.
- Application Submission Begins: 8 September 2022
- Submission Deadline: 8 November 2022
Up to two (2) awards annually
- Female undergraduate Student Member in good standing
- Full-time student who has completed two (2) years of undergraduate study in an engineering curriculum at an ABET-accredited university or college within the United States.
- Full-time student who is currently enrolled in an undergraduate engineering curriculum at an ABET-accredited university or college within the United States.
- Applicant may apply multiple times but can only be awarded the scholarship one time.
Basis of Selection:
- Two essays: (1) 1,000 words on why the applicant wants to go into the engineering profession, and (2) 500 words on why the applicant should receive the scholarship.
- Evidence of at least a 3.7 grade point average on a 4.0 scale
- Two letters of recommendation: (1) from an academic reference, such as a professor or department chair, and (2) from a personal reference who knows the applicant well and can comment on her character.
- The candidate(s) shall be selected from the successful applicants meeting the eligibility requirements of this award.
The scholarship award shall be a one-time check in the amount of US$2,500.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.